If you or someone you know is coping with an open wound after an accident or surgery, trust the committed staff of Med Group Home Health Care Agency. Our professional nurses offer expert in-home care for those who need help managing wounds and ostomies (surgically created openings).
We help patients manage many types of wounds, including those resulting from surgical procedures, accidents, diabetes, and skin breakdown.
Care is often especially helpful for:
- >Ulcers (pressure, diabetic, and vascular)
- Surgical openings and wounds
- Draining wounds
- Diabetic wounds
- Wounds resulting from poor circulation
Open wounds are a risk for infection which is why the primary goal of our wound care program is to speed recovery in all ways possible.
As part of our services, our nursing staff can:
- Assess the patient’s wounds and situational factors that may influence healing
- Develop an individualized plan of care specific to the patient’s condition
- Clean wounds and change dressings
- Monitor antibiotic therapy
- Monitor the patient’s condition for signs of complications
- Help the patient manage and minimize pain
- Educate on ways to minimize the risk of infection
- Educate on ways to promote recovery through nutritional changes and therapeutic activities
- Educate the patient and family on treatment device options